Module 1

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2020 8:28 pm  #1

What do you understand your organization’s core competencies to be?

I believe a core competency of my organization is the size of the organization and it's diversification which allows us to leverage our size in different ways to work at lowering operating costs. We have the ability to maintain lower cost by utilizing our buying power by bulk purchasing to cover all sites rather than each purchasing on their own. We are a diverse organization allowing us to be involved in multiple markets. We also have the ability to source from other sites for urgent items that have unacceptable lead times.

4/29/2020 9:11 pm  #2

Re: What do you understand your organization’s core competencies to be?

The core values of my organization such as UNDP’s institutional effectiveness and accountability are directly related to fairness, integrity and transparency ensure that competitive processes are open, fair, rules-based and cost effective.

The agency operates under the UN system’s that delivering as one” approach and its supply chain, are operating in fast-tracked and further streamlined to the needs of crisis response efforts to affected governments and populations around the world.

I think over the past 10 years the core competencies of the organization remined central to the transformation that the agency envisions in its Strategic Plan same as for most of the extended organizations. Whereas the core competencies have been ranging around competitiveness with a focus on continual driving down of costs.

But today those competencies have moved to deeper challenges of sustaining operations, elevating supply capabilities and stronger resilience while struggling to retain the cost competitiveness.

Covid-19 has shown how unstable our cost-driven, and just-in-time processes really are. With procurement practitioners adapting to survive while planning more resilient systems for the future, I don’t think the supply chain will ever be the same

I trust we have to create a global supply chain that, for all its financial efficiencies, has very little resilience. Hence, we need to explore improved visibilities across the world and not just inside the cumulative lead time, but also to meet the requirements of an ever-changing environment.

Last edited by Haiz A. (5/01/2020 2:54 pm)

5/03/2020 3:28 am  #3

@Karen, the description of your organization is similar to my previous workplace.

The bulk purchase is ideal for large organizations with branches and very cost effective. My organization had a centralized head office and branches. The head office does the processing, bulk purchase and distribution to branches. Branches also have their level of purchasing capacity without going through the head office but a centralized software for cost report and payment.

Process mapping comes to mind here, various steps for approval, levels of authorization of transactions depending on cost value, purchasing and remittance of invoice and payment to suppliers.

N. Nzewi.

5/03/2020 4:25 am  #4

First of all, a brief description of what my organization is into and the type of market for better understanding of its competence. It is in the banking industry and financial services. It is regulated and has many competitors. It strategically focused to grow the retail segment of the market by providing a wide range of retail products and services.

My organization's core competenies are reflected in its vision, mission and values. Integrity, competence, leadership, accountability and passion. Exceptional customer experience using technology and people to exceed customer expectation. Its competencies are, being the best in the it's ability to roll out new products (first entrant of new products in the market), quality training of staff and continuous learning. Also had strategic partnership with international corporations.

My organization was the first to go into retail mass market and sustained it through digitalization of the banking system to reduce banking hall congestion and ease of transaction for customers. From one branch to 272 branches in the country, 317 branches globally with over 4500 workforce, serving over 10 million customers spread across six countries.

It was respected for its excellent innovation in providing value-adding solutions to customers' business needs. It was the first to target small businesses and fund them through Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSME) business development when it was first launched in the country.

Dedicated training school with quality training of staff at entry level and continuous training across all levels. Other banks poached their staff at the training school with offers of higher grade and pay.

These competencies gave them a large customer base, increased earnings and net profit. Total asset of N2.04 trillion and N131.4 billion in total revenue as at December 31, 2016.

N. Nzewi.

5/04/2020 8:38 pm  #5

@nnzewi my organization does sound similar to your previous workplace.
Thank you for you comment about Process Mapping, I agree with your comment.  There are many process steps.

5/08/2020 2:24 pm  #6

@Karen S

I believe that our organizations are similar, leveraging size, and spending amounts to lower costs.

we are also a diverse organization in agriculture, which resides under a global parent company.  This would be a core competency as well.  This allows us to be in position in global vendor agreements, leveraging purchasing not only within our own organization, but the parent organization as well.  We have the opportunity to "piggy back" as needed to our benefit, but also are free to negotiate and develop agreements on our own.

The diversity of markets that we are involved in, is also beneficial, and throughout the Covid-19 events, has proven to be true.  The benefit of being in relationships in various industries led us to be in good positions for needed supplies and materials.  An area of vendor managed inventory for critical spare parts ensured that we were prepared for logistical and availability challenges that arised, as well as time savings for sourcing.

I agree with you, that the benefits to these competencies are extremely valuable.

5/08/2020 7:17 pm  #7

The core competencies of my workplace is the diversity it portrays and its globe trotting access to different oil producers while building efficiency on its workforce to meet deadlines. The place of safety in the workplace is known to be predominant in every wing of the organization and safe work practices is been monitored at all levels.

The market has also been competitive without doubt, but the astounding relationship between suppliers, customers, and the organization has been top-notch mainly because the picture of quality each party transcends beyond the multi-levels to provide materials and products respectively. We have a strong diagonal network of communication that transfers a pinned channel contracted to serve as an alternative source of logistics whenever the need arises. This makes our product delivery up to scale on deadlines.

6/25/2020 2:14 pm  #8

A core competency is a concept in management theory introduced by C. K. Prahalad and Gary Hamel. It can be defined as "a harmonized combination of multiple resources and skills that distinguish a firm in the marketplace" and therefore are the foundation of companies' competitiveness.
At TBL, our core competency has always been on professionalism and project delivery. TBL has significant and varied experience in building construction.
The company is made up of vibrant, well motivated, experienced and exposed professionals, who provide excellent world class services.
The company’s fleet of equipment has also given the company an edge over their competitors for quality project delivery.

1/02/2021 5:45 pm  #9

I have heard many people earning money with Bitcoin doing trade.
If you making money trading , what trade strategy are you to.
As for me , I buy Bitcoin when the price goes down and sell when it goes up

5/25/2021 10:49 pm  #10

Sale it slowly, and check what is the price for each statue first, I recently sold one spiderman pf ex for 850, the guy pay the shipping for 150 out country, so I made 250, its only a month, you need to find batter price to sell them Good luck and of course the best way is not to sell your own collection.

Board footera