Module 1

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2020 9:39 pm  #11

Re: Describe how supply chain mapping might benefit your organization.

The supply chain mapping has created a vision for my organization on the dynamics that govern how the supply chain works today and its also used to provide a road map moving forward.

Effective mapping would take into consideration all steps of Supply Chain Management (SCM) when defining procurement strategies and planning including analyzing strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, and potential threats (SOWT analysis).  Mapping the Supply Chain is an important function to ensure that the organization meets its identified goals and to mitigate existing risks, and the complexity and length of the supply chain will vary from project to project.

Keeping in view the more expansive supply chains become, the more opportunities there are for these intricate and time-sensitive networks to become disrupted in some way. So, it’s important that organizations look beyond tier-one suppliers to see the full image of the risk analysis and ways for mitigation, as having multiple suppliers can help improve the continuity of the products or services, preventing costly downtime and reputation damage.

In my organization the Procurement is a core element of the supply chain, it is nevertheless a support function and critical to achieve program/project delivery. Therefore all procurement activities are framed in the context of the programs and projects.Eventually, the Supply chain map serve as a bridge to cover the gap between program/project unit and operations.

This is also critical to program delivery and organizational overall goal. Benefits of this approach include, efficient and low cost of business relationship, better allocation of existing resources, new partnerships, continuity of the supply service despite the disruption, avoid unnecessary and unjustifiable bottlenecks, timely procurement and sufficient time to fully explore alternative approaches and the win of new business.

Haiz 

Last edited by Haiz A. (5/09/2020 9:46 pm)

5/24/2020 3:15 pm  #12

Supply chain mapping is a living system that graphically represents our supplier network.It is a detailed knowledge about every tier level of our supply chain, it includes: what they supply or contribute to our products or services, what and how is their source of materials.
Supply chain mapping is not about business process alone, it is also about the relationships between companies and their respective suppliers.There is no doubt that mapping our full supply chain is a big effort, and the bigger the company is the likelihood of more massive effort to put in, however the gains and knowledge of mapping is incomparable to the effort put in to achieving the task.
A typical example was the case of a chipped stones supplier to our firm for our construction projects. We carried out a cube test on the concrete, and the concrete did not pass the test. Everyone involved was worried, we checked all the materials used for the mix, the stones, sand, cement and water, the aggregates were checked according to proportion, the cement used was tested, the mix was analysed and the concrete was allowed to cure for the usual twenty one days yet no fault was found. We had to carry out a supplier mapping and visited the quarry site and then we noticed that the chipped stones were produced from a weathered outcrop despite the fact that the chipped stones looked good, and immediately we changed the stones in the mix, the concrete passed the cube test, and so we were able to achieve the expected concrete standard for our project.
Again we had a similar experience and after several investigations of our materials (supplier mapping) we noticed the sand used for the concrete mix were from saline water/environment against fresh water sand, salts naturally weaken concrete.
Another time, We were on a visit to one of our sub-contractors (ironmongery) to actually ascertain how soon our jobs will be  ready, (customer and supplier relationship) we noticed the sub-contractor  procures  material  (iron rods precisely) from a retailer and at a higher rate, we were able to order his request along with ours directly from the manufacturer at a cheaper rate, we saved him some money, and in return, we were able to get a better deal.
There are times a supplier approaches the firm about the situation of products or materials to be supplied, about new products and substitutes for products and materials.
The benefits of supply chain mapping in terms of cost saving, quality control and assurance, turn-around time improvements etc cannot be overemphasised. All of these stems from mapping out your supplier chain and having a relationship with them, it is of great advantage to carry out mapping for our supplier and further establish a relationship with them, it further enhances our knowledge over our business, it promotes healthy business relationships, trust and commitment.

11/27/2020 2:31 pm  #13

For those of you that plan lessons, how many of you actually type up a plan outline on paper and make a copy for the JTE vs just planning in your head or with your own notes what youre going to do?

12/11/2020 8:18 am  #14

Is it just me or all the Mini 9s have wrong keyboard mapping for the Windows/Alt keys.
Windows > Alt or something else
Alt > Apple Command

How to change it?
Any other keys that have wrong mapping?

2/17/2021 4:06 pm  #15

If you start counting how many times you fail, then it will seriously impact on your journey to success.

The point I want to make is, stop counting failure and learn from it.

If you do so, you actually climbed the first ladder of success.

3/02/2021 2:40 am  #16

I paid cash too  And I am sp glad I dont have a student loan hanging over my head. I would look for a small school that is cheaper and save your  it is already a challenge to make money right after graduation you really dont want to add a 30 year student to the mix

5/15/2021 1:23 am  #17

I was told not to laminate or make a copy. Its such a weird size that it seems like the best would be to fold it 2 times and stuff into a plastic sleeve. How do you guys do it?

Board footera