Module 1

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/19/2020 12:58 am  #1

Can SCM save the world? Do the actions taken by a supply chain .....

Can SCM save the world?  Do the actions taken by a supply chain management professional have sufficient impact to damage or repair environmental, social and/or economic reality?

SCM like many other business aspects has its pros and cons. It saves the world through interdependence on resources. Countries and regions complement each other with natural and human resources.
On the other hand, as the good pass around in the form of global supply chain, so also the bad.
A major supply chain decision with ripple effects can cause a positive or negative impact to damage or repair environmental, social and/or economic reality.

Is anyone in on this with me? Please feel free to make your contributions and cite examples.

N. Nzewi.

7/21/2020 12:05 pm  #2

Re: Can SCM save the world? Do the actions taken by a supply chain .....

thank you,  i agree on an high level aspect, based on your examples.  complimenting each other, by working together, passing around good and bad.  Ripple effects/ bullwhipping ect....  However, by saving the world, we need to ensure that in fact we are considering the entire world.  Many under-developed countries are greatly affected by 1st world countries economic and business decisions, and typically not in a positive way.  Although we bring jobs/opportunity for people, are we doing it with their best interest in mind, the environments, or ours?  What are we leaving behind for their next generation?  

7/21/2020 7:57 pm  #3

Great points Angela, thank you.

Last edited by nnzewi (7/21/2020 10:30 pm)

N. Nzewi.

1/29/2021 8:43 pm  #4

Cheers
I test some larger m and kand can draw them successfully. Thank you so much for your patiently help. 

Best Wishes
Chen

2/25/2023 11:33 am  #5

Incredible plenty of superb material!

Board footera