Module 1

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2020 2:39 am  #1

Steps to Sourcing Green

Green Sourcing means taking into consideration the environmental factors when purchasing products and services. It means that environmental performance considerations would be integrated into the procurement decision-making process.
Steps
1) The opportunity should be accessed. Expenses should be evaluated properly prior to beginning the venture of green sourcing, to understand how green sourcing could impact total production costs.
2) Develop a green sourcing strategy and be ready to implement it.
3) Incorporate a thorough environmental criteria in the vendor selection process and performance evaluation too.
For example, know the supplier’s waste reduction/ recycling policy, attainment of ISO 14000 certificate and disclosure of any environment infractions. 
4) Set clear expectations.
For example, all raw materials used in production should be free of hazardous substances. The long steel metals we procure are usually metals that have been galvanized. They go through a process of applying a protective zinc coating to steel to prevent rusting. It is energy efficient throughout its production and whole life cycle. This should extend to the little nuts and bolts etc. 
5) Know details about the packaging of the materials being procured and ensure they are not in excessive packaging to reduce waste. 
6) Partner with like-minded organizations in the community

7/17/2020 4:34 pm  #2

Re: Steps to Sourcing Green

Cynthia, I would also create a measure to be sure that the strategy is being followed.  I tend to want to include monitoring in every list I make though!  

7/17/2020 7:26 pm  #3

Karen, so true @ monitoring. Thanks.

7/18/2020 5:15 pm  #4

Green sourcing is about procuring goods and services with a reduced environmental impact. It is also an integration of environmental performance considerations into the procurement decision-making process.
Steps to Green Sourcing:
Communicate Expectations: Goals and standards should be communicated to the supplier and clear expectations should be set during the sourcing process and proactively monitoring compliance/progress.
Assess Internal Supply Chain: This is engaging internal supply chain stakeholders. Make sure you understand the business requirements, product specifications, and internal stakeholder perspectives in your supply chain.
Assess Supply Market: Engaging new and existing vendors is important and recognizing new opportunities and product substitutions.

7/21/2020 11:56 am  #5

I agree Mo, i think it is very important for a company to have a clear strategy and understanding of what their priorities are for going Green.  Many of these steps take time and can be costly.  Creating an implementation plan, ie: 5 year plan, 10 year plan, can help keep an organization on path to their goals, results can be measured and seen as progress. 

7/22/2020 1:55 am  #6

Boosting the Green into Supply Chain is a growing demand to provide environmentally friendly products and services, in respond to the growing public concerns for the environment over the past 2 decades.

Currently UNDP is working to incorporate sustainability, social costs of carbon emission, renewable energy, and South-South Cooperation as primarily criteria in the key purchasing decisions. Whereas topics of Climate Change, technical standards, and cost efficiency are nowadays critical metrics addressed for review in the exchange between stakeholders at the planning stage and beyond in the South-South Cooperation. For instance in my unit of basic services infrastructure some guidelines already incorporated to the proposal preparations such as Climate Screening and “climate sensitive design”

I believe, by time, through the direction of its procurement strategy, my organization will make a significant invest in the renewable energy solutions and energy-efficient technologies. As for examples provision of solar cooking stoves and lanterns.  

Solar appliances have been purchased and immediately deployed in crisis situations where solar power would have advantages over traditional appliances. Solar lanterns were also purchased and deployed at emergency camps and shelters occupied by the displaced populations in the countries affected by war crisis in Middle East. 

Moreover, in Ebola-affected countries, my organization offices were able to switch over to solar power,
to relief the load on the national power grid and ensure it would mainly serve public services facilities  such as hospitals and clinics.

Last edited by Haiz A. (7/22/2020 1:59 am)

7/22/2020 1:20 pm  #7

Thanks Cynthia, definitely what you've mentioned are significant steps for sourcing the "green" and sustainable procurement that need to be incorporated as primary criteria in the procurement strategies and planning such as the environmental factors and technical standards.

In addition, in my view the governments around the world can play a critical role by urging the corporations to contribute more deeply in areas such as waste stream control, packaging, greenhouse gas emissions to ensure sustainability and producer responsibility.

Last edited by Haiz A. (7/23/2020 3:17 am)

12/06/2020 6:48 am  #8

You know I believe I saw that guy, Ive heard some strange things about him...maybe we should build a statue commemorating the Dragons existence?

12/15/2020 5:25 am  #9

So far I like a lot the Cyber Commander, but when I use the light meter wont allow me to switch, on the ISO or speed, from full steps to half or thirds.  You you have a new firmware or any way I can change that?

Thanks

12/27/2020 9:47 am  #10

Id like to have both a ceramic and non-ceramic to post as signs in my garage.  It would not only give an explanation for people who dont get it, but also show that using Adams is a process to ensure you get the desired results.

Board footera